Ethereum vs Ethereum 2.0

One of the primary complaints against cryptocurrency in general is that it’s incredibly energy intensive. Ethereum, however, is making moves to make the technology more energy efficient. Ethereum 2.0 — an updated version of the blockchain — set to roll out later this year or early next year. It claims to use 99.95% less energy than the technology that’s currently in place.

Will this move break Bitcoin’s dominance in cryptocurrency and make way for a new bellwether? Get the full story here.

1 Like
What will happen to my exisiting Ether holdings when Ethereum 2.0 is launched?
1 Like

DYOR bruh, if it’s your own wallet, you have to make sure there’s enough security in place as well. Cryptocurrencies are hacker jellybeans. Yes, keeping your holdings in a hard wallet makes sense if you’re a HODLer but it also means the responsibilty is on you to keep it safe.

It doesn't make a difference. ETH holdings won't get affected by the upgrade. You'll still be trading on the same tokens.

Nothing. There’s no hard fork. ETH holding will stay as is.

More than $13 billion worth of ether has been staked on ethereum 2.0 as momentum builds behind the network overhaul.

‘Staking’ is like trying to get an appointment confirmed. You put up ether at collateral to gain the right to validate transactions, which will in turn earn you more coins.

I don’t think the question is whether Ethereum 2.0 will overtake Bitcoin, I think the question is whether Ethereum 2.0’s initiative to be more green which set an example for others to follow.

There is no doubt ETH is green - think about it, ETH is going to be the future of Internet and at a fraction of what the energy is being consumed by the tech giants! But there is no 1 blockchian network to rule them all - ADA, DOT, BTC and many good blockchains are going to change the world ‘together’!